Manchester United are showing interest in Juventus striker Douglas Costa in the summer transfer window.
Recall that FrujuSports have reported that Borussia Dortmund have refused to let Sancho who is valued at €120m unless United was willing to pay £108m asking price.
Costa who had previously played for Shakhtar Donetsk and Bayern Munich, has been at Juventus for three years.
Although Jadon Sancho remains United’s number one target, the recruitment team have been keeping tabs on Costa following a successful Serie A 2019/2020 season.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been on a mission to stregthen his squad following a disappointing Europa League which United were knocked out in the quarter finals by Sevilla on Sunday night.
“They [the players] need to keep improving, keep doing what they’ve done every single day and they’ve worked so hard, with the right attitude and mentality,” he said.
“We need to strengthen the squad depth because it’s going to be a long season. We’re going to keep pushing and keep demanding more of the players that we have, but still, we’re looking to improve and it’s a strange one. The league starts very quickly, but then the [transfer] market is open for so long. So we’ve got to be both good, smart and clever.
“It’s only going to be a couple of weeks rest until we get going again. We have to dust ourselves down, make sure that we are ready and fresh to go.”
Meanwhile, Sky Sports Italy reporter, Gianluca Di Marzio has said that Juve want Costa to go to make way for signing Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette.
“Juventus want him to leave. His agents are moving to find a solution, they have talked to Manchester United, to understand if the would be interested.
“They will think about it, but the problem is that Douglas Costa is often injured, so this is a problem for a club that wants to buy him. The agents have talked to Manchester United, for sure, and have proposed his transfer.”
The summer transfer widow will run for 10 weeks from July 27 and close at 11pm on October 5.